Thursday, February 25, 2010

Anticipation…an act of trust

Anticipation…an act of trust

Grandmother moon rose very late and woke me before dawn.
The air is chilled and crisp. It’s light is peeking in between the new life on my oldest oak tree. The wind blows and the light dances, this moon is calling me.
She says I am a seed moon—plant roots in my wane.
She says my spirit will nurture what you put in the earth now. I will give what it needs for a good harvest. I will let the roots grow strong under the land. I will give enough water to prepare for the hot and dry that will inevitably come. Do not fear those times, they are part of the time needed for a good harvest. I will cover it with the earth for a time in order to break it’s shell and nurture it at the same time. She says will you trust me? Will you trust me to break and grow your heart, your life, so I can grow your ability to love? Will you give me that part of you?

I will, with trepidation plant my heart and my feelings of love. I will trust.
I will practice patience. Let the weight of the earth lay on my heart and sever it’s protective membrane. Let the minerals and water work their magic and show me the places where I do not know how to love. Let the roots grow so that my heart reaches deep, and deeper, down into the earth. When the sun is near and the earth has no moisture I can reach another way for what my heart needs. I can go deep below what is on the surface and find the hidden love that sustains me. Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment