Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lessons in rope holding

There are those that hold the rope
There are those that swing off of it.
It takes two a lot of the time to accomplish big things.
If you doubt this just ask Mrs. Obama, she’s a rope holder.

I look at couples and so much of the time it’s clear who’s holding, who’s swinging.


I have been a rope holder for much of my life.
It has it’s rewards and it’s drawbacks
Times and people change and I haven’t been holding anyone else’s rope for a while.
It’s refreshing to have your hands free to do all manner of other things.
I reached down and picked up my own rope, found a tree to tie it to
Gradually made my way to the edge, tested the rope and found everything had changed again
I hold on and swing a lot.
Having spent some time swinging, I’ve got it down to a science, carried my binoculars down there. I’ve been looking around to see if anyone else has figured out how to do this yet.
I’ve seen some people.

I wonder if you are one of them

No comments:

Post a Comment