Thursday, February 25, 2010

There is a space

There is a space coming to you.
There is a time coming to you.
There is a small minute in this universe that is yours.

If I can be a shelter ok
If I can be a friend, better.
If you can heal up, good.
That’s a concern. I don’t want to be another one.
I want to have a minute to heal too.
I want to take a breathe.


Taking a step. For a little minute in this universe.
I fell inadequate to the task.
I almost always do.

That’s because me myself and I are woefully inadequate to the task.
We don’t run my life or anyone else’s.
We don’t even keep the house standing.
We can’t even stay sober.

They come, these people…these pieces of God on Earth. They come and hold me up.
Help me step
Help me stand and look at the world.

I know how to show you how I lean on them, how I ask of Him, How I shave it thin, scrape by, ride the envelope
I know how to love.

I know how to share.

I don’t know if I know how to share love.

I fell inadequate to the task.
I am in awe of the power of love.

Mantra for today
Love can be found
Love can be lost or tossed.
Love can always be given,
Love can never be taken
Love is never wrong
Love is never wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment