Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have been here since your beginning

I have been here since your beginning.
I have loved you more than anyone else has.
I still do. But just for today, this will be changing.
The day is coming when that won’t be true

That one is coming that can see you better than me.
That one will be with you till the end.
I flinch with pain at this, but it is so.

Many years ago I let you fly. And fly you have.
You were never a manageable child.
You were a coat of many colors worn by a whirlwind.
Management was not what you needed.
Love was always what you needed most of all.

While I know I failed to love you enough here, I know I gave what I had.
I still do, I always will love you with the best of me.
It will never be enough.
You are one of those that will always need the love of many.
I can see you differently than ever before.
You are different than ever before.
You have reached well, flown well.
You haven’t found all of what you wanted but it is coming.

It’s coming to you sure as Summer comes to Florida.

There is something needed to reach this thing you want.
It is pause.
Waiting is the most difficult thing for a whirlwind.
They are afraid that if they are still, they will disappear.
While there may be some logic there, you are so much more than the wind.
You were made of Noble ingredient and it is so much more substantial than your doings.
Be still for a minute and let the world look at the wonder that is you.

Let them see you just as you are and let them see the joys and pains you have come from and the road you are on. Then that one will come. That one that can see past the wind.

I love you, Happy Birthday

-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment