Thursday, February 25, 2010

Take me to the mountains

Take me to the mountains.
Please, take me there.

To a place where there is wind and rain and rocks.
I want to lie down there as close to the sky as I can get
I want to breathe air closer to heaven than here.

I want to erase this place I’m in.
I want this pain to stop

Not only do I want all this, I want you to do it for me.
I want to lie here in repose and weep while I am wist away from the scene of this great tragedy.

Pretty arrogant wouldn’t you say?

I hurt today and it seems so much more than anyone else’s hurt.

In fact it is just the same as everyone else’s hurt.

We open our hearts to each other and become Human once more.
In doing so, we try, and sometimes we fail, on some level we all fail each other.
It is our nature to do so.

It isn’t till we reach outside of ourselves that we even feel, much less heal.
If I can embrace this pain, this grief while reaching out, I can make it less.
But it doesn’t need a trip to the mountains.
It needs a trip to the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment