Thursday, March 18, 2010

Watch the fear in your world.
Today I choose to watch it instead of eat it.
I used to take a dose every morning, swallow it, think for just a second, "Maybe this isn't the best thing to do", then swallow some more.

I can see it out there on the bridge. I can see people afraid to look at each other. I can see people skirt the edge, very close to the rickety posts just to not touch anyone else. I know they listen to the new several times a day. This is one of the ways to eat your daily dose. It's good to be informed. In most relationships, I listen with my heart first and then my head. When it comes to the news I find it useful to listen with my head not my heart. I have to remember that news anchors are actors usually, not journalists. They are hired more for their teeth than their objectivity.
Distance is key in my fear fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment